Sometimes, I want colorized syntax and nice navigation for paging. We can use vim to provide this service. This assumes your terminal client supports the terminal type "xterm-color". If you need another color terminal type, customize accordingly.
- Install all of the standard vim packages
- Add alias cmore="TERM=xterm-color vim -R -" to your ~/.profile
- Add the following  to your ~/.vimrc
hi Comment ctermfg=Blue guifg=Blue
hi String ctermfg=LightRed guifg=LightRed
- Reload your profile: source ~/.profile
- Usage: cat some.script.sh | cmore
- It's vim in read-only mode, so use :q to quit.
 I found the default colors to be too dark.